2010-07-15
All My Friends #1
So, it's Wednesday again, and here's yet another change of concept: Four weeks ago, I introduced my dear readers to The Fallout, a series of mixes that were intended to cover bands/songs that I didn't post about, for whatever reason. Now, while I'm gonna stick with that basic idea, I thought if NFOP features tunes that other beloved blogs posted before, then I might as well mention them and pay tribute to the amazing discoveries these devoted folks make every day. Because above anything else, I'm still simply - a fan. So, the tracks you find below have all been posted on my favourite blogs during the past two weeks; there are links to each of their write-ups. Those are not the only blogs I adore and follow, so hopefully the lineup changes at least slightly from issue to issue. I'm planning on keeping the biweekly schedule, we'll see if I'll be able to keep the beat.
The idea to "All My Friends" goes back to Mike of Dead As Digital and his amazing compilation We Get By Vol. 1, with the difference that I'm the one responsible for the picks here.
Consider it my very own Altered Zones.
Listen to each of the songs below, or grab the whole thing in a neat .zip right here.
1. Coma Cinema - Business As Usual (myspace) // Delicious Scopitone
2. Teenage Cool Kids - Volvo To a Kiss (myspace) // Transparent
3. The Young Friends - Downtown (myspace) // Delicious Scopitone
4. The Fruhstucks - Magic Dust (myspace) // No Modest Bear
5. Cults - Oh My God (bandcamp) // Gorilla vs. Bear
6. Clive Tanaka y su orquesta - I Want You (So Bad) (website) // Get Off The Coast
7. Paul A Rosales - Crimes (myspace) // No Conclusion
8. Heart Shaped Rock - Heart Shaped Rock (Nite Jewel myspace) // Gorilla vs. Bear
9. Hunting Hat - Home, WA (myspace) // The Road Goes Ever On
10. High Wolf - Solar System Is My God (myspace) // Friendship Bracelet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great concept! And it saves me a lot of time too ;-) Thanks.
ReplyDelete